SolidGate - is a payment gateway enabling the merchant to accept online payments of a different kind.
- A customer creates order on the website and pay.
- A customer enters card details.
- SolidGate processes the card details and sends a request to the bank.
- Bank processes a transaction
There are two options of integration with SolidGate:
SolidGate Payment Form - payment web-form on SolidGate's end. It's simple but functionality restricted (it sustains only payment operations).
SolidGate API - full host2host REST API. Parameters are transmitted with POST-method in the request body (JSON format). The payment form is hosted on the Merchant's end.
3DS (3-D Secure) — known as Verified By Visa and MasterCard Secure Code. These are the programmes of respective Card Scheme so the issuer can check whether the cardholder does authorize the payment. It works as follows: cardholder specifies his/her card details, then issuer's website occurs where the cardholder is supposed to enter the secret code (usually mentioned in SMS). If the code is entered correctly, the payment will be approved. If not, it will be declined.
Operation of Sales can be performed via SolidGate with 3DS if 3DS-authentication required.
Below is a chart of 3DS flow when SolidGate Payment Form applied.
1. A customer creates order on the website and pay.
2. A merchant sends a request to SolidGate's server.
3. SolidGate shows the customer a secure payment page for entering card details.
4. A customer enters card details.
5. SolidGate processes the card details and sends a request to the bank.
6. Card details are transmitted to the bank.
7. Bank shows 3DS form to a customer for verification of 3DS-code.
8. A customer enters 3DS-code.
9. Bank processes a transaction and sends the result to SolidGate.
10. SolidGate redirects a customer to the merchant's URL and sends a response with the order's status.
11. A merchant notifies a customer about the result of the payment.